Finally, a woolly jumper that will stay looking brand new for many years to come. As part of the development of creating a lambswool jumper of the finest quality, a lot of care was taken in making sure that this sweater would always look its best, no matter how many years or wears later. Have no fear of the washing machine - and what is even more incredible, the tumble dryer.
When you decide that your sweater is in need of a little refreshment, for best results please turn your sweater inside out and wash it with like colours at 30 degrees; using washing detergents that are specifically for wool garments. If your washing machine has a wool wash setting then please use this for that little extra care and attention. You may then tumble dry your garment on a low heat setting. If you do not have a tumble dryer (or choose not to use yours) then please dry the garment flat and away from direct sunlight.
However, please note that we strongly encourage you to both wash your garment on a regular basis and to use your tumble dryer on the low heat setting to keep your Glenbrae sweater looking like new. This is all achievable with thanks to the unique Spirol yarn technology, as the heat from the dryer reinvigorates the properties of the Spirol yarn which in turn, aids in the shape retention of your jumper.
Glenbrae recommend the following detergents in order to achieve the best results for your fabulous woolly sweater:
- Persil Silk & Wool
- Woolite Special Machine – Woolmark approved
- Ecover delicate
Please take note that if you do not use detergent specifically designed for use with Wool jumpers, as per the examples above, you will unfortunately risk the following results:
- Garment loses handle and appears very thin
- Loss of shape recovery
- Loss of structural strength
Have confidence that your sweater will look brand new for years to come if you treat it with love and care as suggested above.
What not to do when washing your Glenbrae garment:
- Do not use Fabric Softeners
- Do not use bleach
- Do not use biological washing powder as the enzymes in the detergent will eat the wool.
- Do not use non-bio washing powder as these also contain harmful agents that damage the wool.
- Do not dry by hanging on a coat hanger when wet; as this will distort the shape.
- Do not wash on a high heat setting.
- Do not tumble dry on a high heat setting.
- Do not dry in direct sunlight.
- Do not wash with non-similar colours.